Monday, June 10, 2013

Banana Sunflower Seed Butter Sandwiches...covered in CHOCOLATE!

Pinterest-inspired dessert: 
(Gluten-free, Vegan, Soy-free)

Rice Chocolate-Covered Banana "Sandwiches"






Here's a vegan gluten-free dessert thats fun to make AND eat.  I do believe this would be a pretty rad recipe to do with kids.  Or if you're like me, with a 25 lb goldendoodle and a 80lb goldendoodle staring at you, begging for the ends of the banana (these dogs are obsessed with bananas.  Maybe Yogi is confused, as I often call him a little monkey).

Anyways, I got the idea from Pinterest, though I did put my own spin on it by using sunflower seed butter instead of peanut butter and using nondairy rice chocolate chips (Enjoy Life brand) instead of regular.  Still contains sugar, but at least no bloat-inducing dairy or soy.  Though after my just over 9 mile run yesterday and the hubby's surf sesh and jog, I figured a little sugar wouldn't be too terrible.

Ingredients:

1 large banana (I prefer barely ripe for this recipe, no bruises and almost tinged with green.  But that's just me; overripe fruit grosses me out unless it's mashed and baked).
couple tablespoons of sunflower seed butter
rice chocolate chips, about 1/3 cup

Directions:

1. Slice banana into an even number of slices.


2. Layer a dollop of sunflower seed butter in between two slices of banana.


3.  Gently cover with melted rice chocolate chips.  The best way I've found is to set one banana sunflower butter "sandwich" on top of a fork and use a spoon to pour over and gently around the sides of the "sandwich", and scrapping off the excess.


4.  Freeze for few minutes and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment